My mission is to implement a comprehensive school counseling program that provides compassion, support, and resources for students and families while addressing barriers to learning and helping students become life-long learners.
I'm Ms. Sena
I am currently loving life as the School Counselor at Los Padillas Elementary School. I obtained a Master's Degree in Counseling from the University of New Mexico and am a licensed School Counselor. I’ve been working my entire career to help families overcome unique challenges. I am committed to providing education, prevention, and intervention activities that teach knowledge, attitudes, and skills to empower students to attain academic achievement and have life-long success. Additionally, I support families by integrating academics, social-emotional services, and community engagement to create stronger families and a healthier community.
- Classroom Prevention Lessons - The School Counselor goes into classrooms and teaches social skills lessons on topics such as Bully Prevention, Self-Regulation, Child Protection, Mediation, Decision Making, Getting Along with Others, Mindfulness, and other topics.
- Individual Counseling - Students can be referred to the School Counselor and can be seen a minimal 3-5 sessions and if further support is required, then the student is referred to a behavioral health community agency.
- Social Skills Groups - Teachers and parents refer students to the School Counselor when students need additional social-emotional support. School Counselor facilitates social skills groups for students empowering them to create life skills tool kits.
- Crisis Response - The School Counselor supports students who may be in crisis and connects them with the needed resources or services.
- DSMart Team - The School Counselor supports other schools who may be experiencing a crisis at their site as a member of the District’s Crisis Team.
- I am strong, confident, and powerful.
- I send love, light, and happiness to all.
- I am worthy and my heart is open to receiving love.
- My energy and enthusiasm for life increases everyday.
- Each morning, I smile and welcome more happiness into my life.
- I have the power to choose, and today I choose to be happy and kind.
- I have a good mind, a kind heat, and a gentle spirit.